How Can I Open an Xbox Hard Drive in Windows?
- 1). Download the free Windows Media Player 11 to the PC's desktop. Double-click on the icon of the Windows Media Player 11 program once it has fully downloaded. Follow the menu prompts to install Windows Media Player 11 to the PC's hard drive. Shut down the PC once the installation is done.
- 2). Remove the ethernet cable from the ethernet connection on the PC if one is present.
- 3). Plug one end of the long ethernet cable into the ethernet connection on the Xbox 360. Plug the other end of the long ethernet cable into the ethernet connection on the PC.
- 4). Turn on the PC. Turn on the Xbox 360. Wait as the computer linkage icon appears in the toolbar on the PC.
- 5). Click the "OK" button on the pop-up window when it appears above the computer linkage icon on the screen.
- 6). Double-click on the Windows Media Player 11 icon on the PC's desktop to launch it. Go to "Library" and select "Media Sharing" from the drop-down menu.
- 7). Click once on the icon of the Xbox 360 that appears in a new window using the mouse. Click on the "Allow" button at the bottom of the window.
- 8). Go to the "Network" icon on the Xbox 360. Select "Xbox Live." Navigate through the screens to the "Music" or 'Video" or "Photos" screen.
- 9). Click the "Yes" button on the Windows Media Player 11's screen that is now showing on the PC. Wait as Windows Media Player 11 searches for the Xbox 360's hard drive.
Click on the computer name that is displayed in a new screen. The contents of the Xbox 360's hard drive (music, video or photos) are now displayed on the Windows Media Player that is running under the Windows operating system on the PC.